Moira Shire Council is an innovative and progressive local government organisation committed to serving the needs of communities across a large regional shire located on the Murray River almost 3 hours north of Melbourne. Extending from the iconic Barmah Forest along the Murray River our region includes four major towns - Cobram, Numurkah, Nathalia and Yarrawonga, one of Victoria’s most popular holiday destinations.
The area’s warm Mediterranean climate, appealing natural environment and location means Moira is home to agricultural, horticultural, viticultural and tourism operations. Such attractions include wineries, historic homesteads, galleries, craft shops, licensed clubs, water sports, fishing, beaches, forests, lakes, rivers and wetlands.
We pride ourselves on our friendly environment and offer:
- A family friendly workplace that live by our values of Respect, Integrity, Accountability, Honesty and Teamwork
- The opportunity for flexible work arrangements
- Attractive salary and the ability to salary package
- Onsite physiotherapist and a health and wellbeing consultant
- Career progression and professional development
- Discounted corporate gym membership
To view more information, and other positions that we are currently recruiting for, please click here.
The Role - Human Resources Advisor
Council is seeking an experienced and adaptable HR professional to join our team. A true HR generalist with experience in recruitment, employee relations, complaints handling, compliance and HR projects. You are adaptable, motivated and knowledgeable with the ability to form excellent working relationships and provide advice to staff of all levels.
You will be an approachable and pragmatic operator. Reporting to the Team Leader Human Resources, and as a senior member of the team, you will provide mentoring and support to the wider HR team.
In this temporary role, you will
- Provide industrial relations advice, training and support to management and employees in the interpretation of industrial relations, enterprise agreement and policy.
- Support hiring managers with the facilitation of recruitment processes
- Provide advice, investigate and report on employee relations issues including internal staff grievances and external complaints where directed by Team Leader Human Resources.
- Provide assistance with projects.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of policy and procedures.
You will be a true business partner, where you will feel at ease with stakeholder engagement and building strong relationships.
You may come from a specialist role or have generalist experience. The main thing is, you will know how to work autonomously, confident, and you will love working in a fun productive team.
This position is based in Cobram, Victoria and could be full time or part time. Please read the position description below.
For more information please contact Kristina Skipper, Team Leader Human Resources on 0408 095 417 or email our Moira Careers Team on email@example.com.
An opportunity to join the Moira team and develop your career with an innovative leader committed to delivering excellent services.
Moira promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value the contributions of all people and encourages people with a disability, Aboriginal Australians, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Moira Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering flexible work arrangements for employees in a family-friendly work place.